Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gaya Center Hotel Review (Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia)

Last week, I stayed for about two nights in total at the Gaya Center Hotel in Kota Kinabalu (Sabah, Malaysia) for the recently concluded Cebu Pacific Backpackers Challenge 2011.

Here are some customary photos I got when we first got to the room. It's a twin-bed sharing room with my backpacking team mate from Manila Standard - a broadsheet newspaper in the Philippines.




What I like:
  • Spacious Hallways
  • Simple hotel lobby without unnecessary fancies
  • Quick-hot shower (other hotel showers take time for the water to warm-up)
Needs Improvement:
  • Clean the room carpet more often
  • New flat-iron platforms
  • Add traveler's toothbrush + toothpaste in the bathroom kit (I expected it so I didn't bring one) :)
In general, it was a good stay and a good bed at Gaya Center Hotel in Kota Kinabalu. I wouldn't  mind recommending it to tourists and Kota Kinabalu visitors who are are not too picky.

1 comment: